Confidence - Loving Yourself ♥

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Hey Ladies & Gents,

   Source

This post will be a little more of a heart to heart, touchy feely, sappy and a little cheesy kind of talk. It's something that is very important and really needs to be talked about. We all deal with it and I think that the best thing that we can do is let each other know that we are not alone. Confidence is something that we all struggle with on a daily basis. I know you've heard it a million times by now but it is very true; yes! even the most "confident" people have insecurities. We all live in our own little world which means that we won't ever really know what is going on in other people's world. We can judge and gather our own opinions about others but that does not necessarily mean that it is true. We all judge. It's something that humans just naturally do. I know some of us don't like to admit that we do, but we do, we all have that little voice inside our head. 

Now apart from other people being our critiques, our harshest critique is ourselves. More specifically, that same voice inside our head. Call it what you will but it is indeed part of your conscious. Sometimes what that voice tells us is exactly what we feel but wouldn't necessarily tell ourselves. That voice is like a mean bully who you just can't get rid of! I once saw this show where a girl who had issues with her body (My Mad Fat Diary, please! watch it!) went to see her psychologist. He told her to imagine herself as a child. Once she did that, he told her to tell her what she tells herself. She couldn't, it was hard for her to say such mean things to an innocent little girl. So if she couldn't say that to the innocent little girl, then why would she say it to herself? "If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend?"

Media plays a big role in why we struggle with some of the issues that we face. Although the biggest factor is that we love to compare ourselves. "Why does that girl have a kick ass body!? and I don't!?", "Why does she have such pretty legs!? and I don't!?", "Why is he so well built!? and I'm not!?". The list can go on. Instead of comparing ourselves we should be thanking our bodies. Our bodies are so strong. They go through so much and yet we repay them with negativity? It's time we start being more grateful and build each other up instead of beating ourselves down. If you start to think and speak positively of others, eventually you'll think and speak positively of yourself. Try doing things like complementing yourself. Look in the mirror and tell yourself how smoking hot you look today ;) That's right wink at yourself often and let yourself know that you are beautiful! Trust me, a little vain never killed nobody. Love yourself because you're the only person who is going to be there for you through thick and thin. So you might as well start being a better friend to yourself. 


"Body confidence does not come from trying to achieve the 'perfect' body,it comes from embracing the one you already have."

xoxo,
Crystal 

6 comments:

  1. I have some problems with accepting the way I look. I just thing that we live in a world where you have to be perfect otherwise you're not as important as others. Working on my confidence though and I hope I'll accept myself the way I look. Lovely post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leja : ). I know what you mean some things are easier said then done. I have trouble accepting the way I look sometimes as well and am very negative on myself, but I need to stop that. Everyone has flaws and just screw society! Who cares what 'perfect' really is, what we are told is perfect is just all photoshopped. Even models don't look like what they look like. You are beautiful just the way you are <3.

      Delete
  2. This post is super helpful and really inspiring! I used to be really uncomfortable in my own skin, I have pretty oily skin that constantly breaks out, and I would put concealer over every single one of my spots, but now I can leave the house for school with no makeup. I feel completely comfortable with people seeing my spots, because I'm a teenager and its kinda normal.

    Jess
    springbaby06.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It makes me so happy to hear that! : ) I was the same way until I realized that my skin is fine, the problem was that I just felt insecure about it. It might not be best to always have a whatever opinion on everything but sometimes its helpful. Like in these moments when you learn to build yourself up when others try to put you down. ♥

      Delete
  3. I've just found your blog ! It's really sweet :) I love this post it's so helpful an lovely <3

    love , Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! <3 That's the sweetest thing ever!!! :'D Thank you so much.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS