Must See Movie - "Ask Me Anything"

Tuesday, April 14, 2015


Okay okay okay okay okay! So I'm clearly at a loss for words. I could just be completely exaggerating all of this. But this movie was honestly so good! I've mentioned to you guys before that I LOVE Drama's. That includes movies that can be completely boring to other people, BUT so freaking interesting to me! I'm honestly pounding the keys on my keyboard. I feel like I'm writing a strongly worded letter to someone that is really getting no where. 

Anyways! I skipped over this movie for a while now. It was on Netflix, and it seemed a bit interesting but even sometimes when movies seem interesting I don't get around to watching them for a while. Mainly because I feel like I like to keep that little mystery going, you know where you just have a perceived idea of what it will be like. I feel like once I watch it, I won't be able to watch it all over again for the first time with no idea of what is going to happen or the emotions that I experienced in the first place. This happened to me with Safe Haven, and If I Stay, and Guess Who, and The Duff, and basically the list can go on! 

So this movie is basically about a girl who wants to take a year off from college. Mainly because she did not feel that it was for her and maybe she could use the time to kind of get to know herself better; As many people do. Her true intention though was so that she could keep her on going relationship with an older man who had a girlfriend. She also had a boyfriend, and both agreed to keep it a secret from both their partners. (Okay so it's going to be one of those movies!?) After one of their sexual encounters, he told her that he found a house closer to the college where he worked at. I forgot to mention that this guy was a film theorist professor at a local college (i'm guessing). Of course she became upset by this and told him that this would be really hard on them. He (haven't heard this before) told her that they would make it work. 

Let's go back in time a little bit. When Katie told her mother about wanting to take some time off of school, her mom made her talk to her principle (i think she was). Her principle suggested that she starts a blog. At first Katie thinks its a stupid idea, but eventually she comes around to it. She mainly is doing the blog for her own satisfaction, because she clearly does not take any crap from her readers. She's also not constant she just kind of writes when she pleases. The thing that she mainly writes about is her sexual adventures as a teen. You know, talks about her boyfriend problems, and her older men troubles. 

***SPOILERS****
So it turns out that Katie had her reasons for why she did what she did. It's something that she realizes throughout the movie. She comes to the realization that as a child she was molested by her next door neighbor. She didn't really think too much about the situation until her friend talks to her about it. She said that it could be considered molestation , but that it kind of felt good to her. So this is where it kind of starts to get crazy. She comes to the conclusion that maybe this next door neighbor made her interested in older men. She can't help herself. Now Katie had a history of suicidal thoughts, because at one point in her life she was threatening to jump from a window because the life guard (older guy) that she had a crush on didn't feel the same way for her. 

This whole movie kind of really kept me on edge. I'm just going to skip over to the end so that I don't ruin the entire movie. But keep in mind I will ruin the end (muhahaha, okay I just, thats the part I've been wanting to talk about). SO in the end you kind of think that this will have some what of a resolved ending, BUT NO! They close with a scene where "the real" Katie's mom is asking Katie's online following to help her find Katie. Apparently Katie goes missing but no one knows what happens. Her mom hired a private investigator to question everyone in Katie's life, but everyone denied certain parts of what Katie claimed to happen. So this got me thinking; is this based on a true story? I googled it, but i kept finding that it wasn't. Clearly this is all still a fictional story (based off the book called Undiscovered Gyrl; which by the way is the name of Katie's blog). In the end clip, none of the people look like the people that were in the actual story. This got me thinking, what if Katie made it all up? at least told the story differently. You know like she made the characters more "attractive" and exaggerated her story to make it more interesting. And the entire time we are watching the story through her blog (if that makes any sense). 

I was kind of all over the place here, I realize that now. Hopefully I've made you interested though, and now you'll hopefully watch it so that we can discuss it!? ... I also really hope that they come up with a sequel to this, they can base it off of the story when they are trying to find her. I just really want answers! They can't do this me! They can't just leave me hanging like that, I need to feel resolved! This will forever haunt me.

If you've seen the movie or read the book and have answers. Please, Please, Please let me know! 

xoxo,
Crystal 

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really interesting movie! I'll see if it's still on Netflix. Thanks for sharing. :)

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D Let me know if you do end up watching it. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to watch the movie now! :D

    Jess xx
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com/

    P.s Check out my blog on Sunday because I'm posting a tag and I may or may not be tagging you to do it too ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Let me know what you think :D

      really? :) okay I'll keep my eye out

      Delete
    2. I'll do mine right now :D Thank you so much for tagging me Jess! :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds scandalous! I might have to check it out, though I'm not sure it's my type of movie :) Thanks for sharing and recommending anyway!

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do end up watching it let me know what you think of it :) But I understand it's not for everyone, at first I was skeptical myself but I ended up really liking it :) You're welcome and thank you for commenting :D

      Delete
  4. I wrote the novel, and wrote and directed the movie, and I just want to thank you for your public enthusiasm and excitement. It's very hard in today's cluttered marketplace to get noticed -- passion like yours is really helpful and gratifying. Best, Allison Burnett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I'm not even kidding when I said that I loved the movie, I still think about it today just kind of analyze it all. I noticed that a lot of people didn't like the ending, but I thought it was so great, it actually gets you thinking and it kind of separates it from other movies today. I think you deserve all the recognition for it :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS