TV shows to binge watch on Netflix

Friday, April 10, 2015

Recently, I did a post about some of my favorite movies. So now I shall talk about some of my favorite TV shows. I know what you're thinking; Crystal, is this all you ever do? Yes, I spend a lot of my time watching things that distract me form doing things I actually need to get done. Which is why I have decided to share them with you. Like with my favorite movies, not all of these will appeal to everyone but I suggest you give them a chance. I personally think these are all great. Since the list is kind of long, I'll just jump right into it and make my comments quick and to the point (which you should know by now, I actually can't do quick and to the point comments) 


1. Pretty Little Liars

Do I even need to talk about this show? I think a lot of people have most likely heard of it before but if you haven't then I honestly recommend it to you! I feel like this gets better the more you watch it. I think with this one you can either love it or hate it. What I like most about this show is the mystery. Although I really want to find out who A is (no spoilers) I also don't want the show to end. You really get attached to the characters (speaking from personal experience). 

2. The Fosters

Okay, so I personally really love dramas. I just like the story lines that they have and they just really keep me intrigued. I love the diversity in this show! You have a two strong beautiful woman (Stef and Lina) raising 5 children. 4 of them have been taken into their home from foster care and 1 is the son of Stef. Recently, 2 of the kids who they have taken into their care are in the process of being adopted but they have to deal with all the drama that comes in between. 

3. Switched at Birth

I think that you can either love or hate this show. I've been told on many occasions that people didn't like it or that they started watching but lost interest in it. I personally really like it though. I think it's a good show that doesn't really deal with murder and death like many of the other shows. It's just kind of a nice sit down tv show to watch and enjoy. Of course, it is a drama so expect A LOT of drama. 

4. The Lying Game

This show is amazing! I don't know why!? they canceled it. It's kind of like pretty little liars; it can be similar, but it's also very different. I really want to say that it's better then pretty little liars but I think they're just equally as good. This show took over my life. This show is about two twin sisters who were separated at birth. One finds out about it and decides to go look for her sister. One sister (Sutton) gets to live a luxurious life while her sister (Emma) was placed in foster care. Once they find out about each other, they decide to switch places (for reasons I cannot tell you without ruining the story! so go watch it!) 

5. Baby Daddy 

I love this show! At first I kind of hesitated to watch it because of the title, I thought it would be a different type of show. I gave it a shot and I instantly fell in love with it. It's about a guy who is a "lady's man" and is always trying to hit on woman. One day he hears a knock on the door and to his surprise he finds a baby. He realizes that the baby is his and now he has to raise a child with the help of his mom, brother, and two best friends. 

6. Melissa & Joey 

I fell in love with these two after watching "My Fake Fiance" I love that abc family decided to do an entire TV show about the two. I also kind of like that they don't go off of what happens in the movie. They kind of just start off new. This show is about a city council woman (Mel) who is raising her sister's children after both her sister and her sisters husband where put in jail. She eventually hires a nanny (Joey) to help her around the house. Okay let's get to the point, you'll ship these two so hard!

7. Life Unexpected

I just love this show. I can't really tell you why, because I don't even know why but I just do! This show is about a girl (Lux) who was in foster care for most of her life until she find out who her real parents are. She decides to go look for them. Her birth mom (Cate) is a famous local radio personality and her father (Baze) is the owner of a bar. Her father actually did not know that he had a kid so it was harder on him to process it, but he took her in. Eventually Cate comes a long and decides to give the whole mother thing a try. The whole show is about trial and error and finding out about each other as it goes along. Lux is the more mature one to be honest which I love! because it's kind of like she's raising two parents. 


8. New Girl 

This show is pure gold! I really cannot do this show any justice. It's absolutely hilarious. The main character (Jess) is so quirky it's absolutely adorable. This show is about a woman (Jess) who recently broke up with her boyfriend. She was completely devastated and decided that she needed a new place to live. She goes on to look for a new home and comes across Nick, Schmidt, and Winston who are also looking for a new roommate. I'll let you find out the rest by watching it. I promise you - you will not regret it.

9. Once Upon a Time

This show was one of those shows that I just looked over when looking for something to watch. After my sister told me that she really liked it and hearing from my friends that they really liked it; I finally decided to give it a shot. This show touches on all of the fairy tales. They do such a good job recreating all the stories and the actors are phenomenal! It's mainly centered around the fairy tale Snow White. The story goes that the Witch (Regina) casted a spell on most of the enchanted forest with the help of rumplestiltskin (okay I honestly just love saying that name, You can't say it without sounding British. Okay so maybe you can but I'm just going to pretend for my sake that you can't.) Now all of the fairy tale characters have to live life in the real world. None of them know who they really are because they've been given a new identity. The town is protected by a powerful spell so no one in the town can go out and no one from outside of the town can get in. Expect for Emma. Dun dun dun, got you there huh, now you'll have to go watch it to find out more. I promise you! You will LOVE this show!!

10. Orange is the New Black

This show! Do I even need to say anything more about this show. I can't stress how good this show is. Every single character in this show plays an important part in the story. Piper, the main character, was once involved in a relationship with Alex who at the time was a drug dealer. Piper ended up helping Alex by transporting a suite case full of money; which made her involved in the drug deal. Eventually, Alex and many of the other drug dealers get caught and end up going to Jail. Piper, who thought that she wouldn't get in trouble also ended up having to go to jail. She was devastated that this came at a time when she felt really happy with her life. Now everything goes downhill from here. WATCH IT! please! Hold me accountable to it. I just love this show so much and I know that you will too.

11. The Carrie Diaries 

This show is supposed to be a spin off (the early days) of Sex in the City. The show goes on to tell the story of Carrie before her Prime time. It mainly centers around her high school times and her entrance into the fashion world. This show is honestly too good for words. Sebastian (Austin Butler) by the way is so dreamy! Omg! really I cannot stress that enough. He will make your heart melt. I love that this show shows a lot of obstacles that these teens have to face as they enter the world of adult hood. Sadly, the show has ended but luckily they left us off with a good ending. 


12. Bob's Burgers

Honestly, these types of show really piss me off. I don't know why but it's just something about the way that they are drawn or the type of comedy that they use that I just don't get. But I finally gave this show a chance and I have had a change of mind. This show is sooo funny! It's just the right amount of everything. Other shows usually use a lot of sexual references/comedy (which I'm not bothered by, but it's just too overboard for me to the point where I don't think it's funny anymore, just stupid). The youngest character (Louise) is so adorable! She's so sassy and independent, it's great. I suggest you give this show a watch. 

13.Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Last but not least, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. This is one of the newer shows on Netflix. I instantly fell in love with it. At first I thought it would be a kids show,  I mean come on look at the cover. I decided to watch it either way and I'm so glad that I did. This is now one of my favorites. It's so good! there is never a dull moment. I like the optimism in the show, I can't really explain it. You'll just have to watch it for yourself. 

I don't really know where I was getting at with this post. Some have reviews, others just comments. Either way I hope that you got something out of it and now have some new shows to watch. 

What do you like to watch on Netflix? Any recommendations? or have you seen any of these shows and share the same love for them as I do? Even if you hate some of these, let me know your opinions :)

"Netflix gives you 15 seconds between episodes to decide whether or not you're doing anything with your life today"

xoxo,
Crystal 


10 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Your style is amazing!

    xo,
    Bri
    www.cityfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! New Girl is my favorite show of all time! It's so funny and I love how quirky Jess is too :) Thanks for sharing xx

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and I know Right!! I think Zooey Deschanel does such an amazing job

      Delete
  3. these are definitely fun shows to binge on!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know most of this shows but my favourite has been PLL. I mean the last episode was so crazy, they didn't tell much. Can't even wait to see what is going to happen next. It's getting more and more crazy.
    Love you blog,
    xx

    Jeans+Tees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw people posting it all over social media! I think i'm like an entire season behind D': I can't find the show anywhere online so I have to wait for Netflix to post it and they're taking forever! I bet it is I mean where I left off was already crazy I can just imagine what it's like now

      Delete
  5. This will be very helpful when I need a new show to watch! (Currently watching Pretty Little Liars)

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) I'm glad I could help!... what season of Pretty Little Liars are you on? :0

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS