Summer Vacation - San Diego Zoo, Knott's Berry Farm, and 3 Museums

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Hey there :) 
I recently got back from my 3-day trip to California. If you read my last post I talked a little about how I would be going on an adventure, which explains why I've been M.I.A. But no worries, I am back now and ready to share my trip with all of you :D 

We were supposed to be at the school at 6 in the morning in order to head out of town and be on time for everything that was planned, but we ended up taking a little bit longer as some people were running late. We eventually headed out at around 6:40 and made it to San Diego at 10. We stopped at IHOP for breakfast (this was the beginning of the non-stop eating, believe me it sounds good but no - no it wasn't haha). Breakfast was a lot of fun :D we got to chit chat with one another, but unfortunately they seated all of us in a really long table that meant we were all pretty squished in order to fit everyone in since there were about 39 of us. 

I ordered the split decision french toast breakfast (i think it was called) but I had some adjustments. Instead of sausages (since I'm not a fan) I asked for hash browns (which I shouldn't have ordered at all), scrambled eggs, and instead of extra pan cakes (also not a fan of) I got a fruit bowl. After the french toast, eggs, and bacon I was about ready to explode!! IHOP gives you your money's worth but I just couldn't fit more inside my stomach.

Then we headed out to the San Diego Zoo :D


Fun Fact: I love the word Orangutan :D
(I just now realized I've been spelling it wrong. My entire life has been a lie, it's not actually orangoutang. I will still keep pronouncing it so though haha) 

When we arrived we got to go on a bus tour around the park. Yes!! I got to ride a double decker bus :D I know it was not in London, but hey it still felt pretty great riding one!



The first animal that caught my attention was the bear that was taking a swim. He looked so cute!! I know you can't really hug a bear because they say "it's not safe" but I so wanted to hug that bear!! 



Sky Line :D 



One of the exhibits that I was most excited about was the Polar Bear. The guy that was giving us the tour told us that these fellas became used to the nice cooling California weather that if the water temperature falls below what they are used to, they won't get in haha. 



Here's a couple more pictures from the other animals that we saw :) 







Cute litte story: This little guy (well not so little) actually had to get his own separate exhibit to run around in because he's afraid of the ladies! The guy told us that if the females are near him, he'll run away, I guess the ladies just really intimidate him. Poor guy



This is a little Timon :D, She's so tiny!! 



Giraffe's!!! 






The Cheetah and the Dog are actually best friends!! :D









Just look at it :'D
















This is a little sea otter (if you couldn't tell) and picture of it's home.





I was most excited to see the Gorilla's but I didn't get to see them since they were on the other side of the park! I suggest that if you go to a zoo, it's best to go when you have a lot of time so you can really enjoy every exhibit. 



My friend and I took the Sky Line to the top of the park. Sadly, we didn't realize it was literally a one way trip. It ended up leaving us at the very top of the zoo! Meaning we had to walk our way back down, unless we wanted to pay another $4 each to ride the skyline back. We decided to just torture ourselves and walk back down, but on the bright side we were going to detour and look at some of the other animals. I didn't get to see the Polar Bear though as it was either eating or taking a nap. We also ended up getting lost on our way back down, which took us even longer and we had 20 minutes to get back down to the entrance for lunch. Luckily, they ended up moving lunch to when we left the park.  



We didn't just get lost once! My friend had to go to the bathroom so I accompanied her (we had a buddy system). When we came back out everyone was gone!! We rushed to the exit and luckily they were waiting outside haha (phew! close one)

Then we headed out to Buena Park where we would be staying at the Knott's hotel. 


By this time everyone was already tired and just ready to fall asleep.


The hotel was a 5 minute walk from the amusement park, which was great! Especially since we would be exhausted by the end of the day.





Yes, I know your thinking it. I did in fact put too much powdered sugar on my french toast. I deeply regretted it as I started inhaling that thing every time I went to take a bite. 




I conquered two of my fear that day!! I went on the Silver bullet and the Xcelerator.


The Silver Bullet (above) consists of your sitting in a chair like seat with your feet dangling. I wasn't really nervous to go on it this time around, but I feel like I was nervous on the inside. Let me tell you though! Best Ride Ever!! We almost didn't get to ride it because the seats weren't working and they ended up delaying it.The Xcelerator (pink on below) has no chill. Unlike other rides that kind of ease you into it, this one takes off at about a million miles per hour. Once you get past the giant drop the rest of the ride isn't that bad. 

We ate lunch inside the park. Let me tell you, it was absolultey delicious but expensive. It was about $15 a plate now times that by 39 :O They do give you a lot of food though, I had trouble finishing mine. 


We left the theme park at around 5-6 and headed back to the hotel to freshen up and head to dinner. (I know! we just ate, I'm telling you they fed us like there was no tomorrow)

The best part of the day was when they took us to Downtown Disney!! :D 


They had a Rain Forest Cafe!! :D 





I would like someone to tell me that these aren't the coolest chairs you have ever seen!! 


They also had a Lego store! How are these even possible!? How? 



Maleficent!! They made Maleficent!!! 




A very crappy picture of the House of Blues.


They gave us an hour to walk around. Then we had to make our way back to the entrance to go for dinner. The best part was that as we were waiting for everyone to arrive, the disneyland fireworks started going off :DDDDD 

On our way to the restaurant, our bus kind of turned into a party bus as Mexican music started playing and every got all rattled up and started chanting each others name (to get them to dance). Everyone was clapping along and dancing! I can't explain it but it was just so much fun! 

As you can tell, we went to a Mexican restaurant and I ordered Tamales. I'll be 100% honest thought they weren't that good :/ I was also still backed up from the Ihop breakfast we had on Monday! 


The next day we went to 3 museums. The Colombia Space museum, The Titanic Museum, and The Bodies Exhibition Museum. 



I couldn't get any more picture of the museums. At the space museum we weren't allowed to have our phones on during our expedition to mars. (Note: Do not go to Mars with me, as I was in the Life Support Group and we nearly killed everyone on the mission). Then at the Titanic museum we weren't allowed to take picture, because they had a lot of original artifacts that they had recovered from the actual titanic. It's crazy how all of those things can still last. We were also given a card with a passenger from the titanic and at the end of the tour we would find out if our passenger had lived or not. My passenger (who lived) was a 15 year old married woman who was deeply in love with her husband who was charming, handsome, and a talented singer ;) *Cough* Brooke, A Sign that Harry is mine *Cough*


Then we went right over to the bodies exhibition which is in the same building as the titanic one. They had actual bodies that have been donated to science. It's so crazy to see what we look like! They had organs, bones, veins, nerves, and arteries displayed. There was also a babies section, which was a little upsetting knowing that most of those babies might have either not made it or were given up through adoption. But it was such a good experience getting to see what the babies look like while they are still in the womb. The museum gives you an option to walk in and see this particular exhibit or continue on the the end of the tour. I went in to see it and it's just so mind blowing how that can literally grow inside of a human body!! They had them in these cylinder style type tubes with a liquid which I'm guessing is used to preserve them. It starts off when the baby is still just the sperm and egg , then it moves on to the tiniest little bean sized thing and it goes up to 36 weeks ( I think they had it at every 4 weeks). The babies looked like little gelatins with the tiniest little bones and limbs.

We ended up getting home at around 11, which was actually the time they said that we would. I never understand how we are always behind on time but always - always make it back on time or even before. Does that ever happen to you guys? 

Overall the trip was so much fun :D and I enjoyed every bit of it. 

What are you guys planning to do this summer? 

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" - Walt Disney

xoxo,
Crystal 

24 comments:

  1. What an awesome looking trip!! I have been wanting to go somewhere so badly recently!

    Taylor
    http://tspoonfulofsugar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I hope you get to :D Did you have any where in particular in mind?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time! This blogpost really made me smile. It was very entertaining to imagine you on your adventures. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! :D It'll probably be the most eventful thing I do this summer, so I made sure to cherish it. Haha :) Thank you so much for reading it ♥

      Delete
  3. very cool post...love all of the photos!

    http://haileylauderdale.blogspot.com
    http://closetofgypsies.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww these pictures show that you had an amazing time. I would love to visit IHOP one day when I'm in USA. I too want to hug that bear it's so cute. Great oost.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! it just looks so fluffy and cuddly haha. I hope you get to :D Have you ever visited the U.S.?

      Delete
    2. No I haven't but I want to so badly. I think I'm going to have to stay for a month there to check everything up :P

      Delete
    3. OMG I hope you get to!! That would be so cool :D I think you'd really get a chance to enjoy it all and not feel rushed :)

      Delete
  5. This looked like such a great trip! That theme park reminds me of our theme park here, Canada's Wonderland. Thanks for sharing with us!
    I'm actually not too sure what I'll be up to this summer... I already went to Cuba this past spring so I'm not sure if I'll be taking another big trip anytime soon. Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled Canada's Wonderland and it's actually based on the same characters. Knott's Berry Farm is based off of Snoopy and Charlie Brown as well :D It looks like so much fun! That is so cool! Do you have relatives in Cuba or did you just visit for fun? :)

      Delete
    2. That is really so cool, I had no idea! We don't have any relatives in Cuba, my mom and I just went for fun for a week (blog post here!: http://lovelyandcozy.com/2015/03/30/our-trip-to-varadero-cuba/)

      Delete
    3. That sounds like it was a lot of fun :) I'll go over and read it right now! :D

      Delete
  6. WOW what a crazy adventure!!! Wooooha the silver bullet looks like so much fun! How did you not spew up on it though? haha. We have this ride at Rainbow's End in New Zealand called Power Surge where it spins around in a circle in the air and then the seats spin all the way around too... I just about cried on it lol!
    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually when we came to a stop, we were held there for nearly 10-15 minutes because someone in the cart before us had thrown up haha. I've been on those before! :D They make me so dizzy though so that's pretty understandable. New Zealand just sounds so cool!! I mean an amusement park called Rainbow's End :D

      Delete
    2. Ewww haha I feel so sorry for the person who had to clean that up! Hope you didn't get that seat! Yeh it's awesome lifestyle here, lol it's pretty much the only amusement park we have but it makes me happy that it's called Rainbow's End ;D

      Delete
    3. Right! haha One of the many reasons why I would not like to work at an amusement park. I can see why you would ;)

      Delete
  7. I loved all the pictures! It looks like such a fun trip! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post dear! It's wonderful. ♥
    Would you like to follow each other?
    I'll follow back after it!
    www.similarose.blogspot.com/click

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks amazing, love all the photos! x

    laurensbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS