Learning to Cease the Moment

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

So I recently took it upon myself to find our old video camera and cassettes so that I could re-watch some of our old home videos. I was able to find; well not that I really had to look for them I just actually had to get them out of a cabinet, but nonetheless I was successful in recovering them :D We've been watching them for the past 3 days now and it's honestly so fun being able to look back on moments when my little sisters were still babies and toddlers! It kind of got me thinking about how I never really 'ceased the moment'. When we we're younger; as many siblings do, I never really appreciated them. I probably disliked them more then I liked them. Same with my older sister. It's times like these when I can look back and wish that I had enjoyed those moments more. This is the great thing about vlogging. You get to look back on moments you completely forgot about. I want to start vlogging moments with my sisters so that one day when we are older we can look back on moments we have now. Time is flying by so quickly, I feel as if though I'm only blinking and time is just passing by. The scary thing is that they always say that eventually memories will become just that. You'll remember memories as you remember them, does that mean that you could be remembering something you made up or something that was a dream but somewhere along the line it became a distant memory? 

me: "Video time, Video time I want to be the baby" 
(As you can see I LOVED the camera and wherever there was a camera there was a Crystal) 

I think that by watching these videos I've realized that I need to start living in the moment more. I need to just enjoy what I am able to do right now and not be so obsessed with the future and past. Future moments will come when they will and past moments can always be remembered and captured to look at them later on (if that even made sense). 

Do you guys like to look back on old videos? Have you seen videos of moments you didn't even remember?

"Things end, but memories last forever" 

xoxo,
Crystal 

22 comments:

  1. I also like watching old videos. It was way better then, when I had no worries and all I did was playing with my dolls. Such lovely video :D

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!! Where did that time go? Now we have to start worrying about the real world :( but it's nice being able to go back and relive those moments for a bit through the videos :)

      Delete
  2. Aw that sounds so cute! I like to watch old videos from when I was young, it's so weird because I can't even remember somethings that we have on video! I agree so much, I really need to start living in the present and not look back so much on what's already happened or what's going to happen. Great advice, thank you so much, it has really helped!

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! While I was watching them I saw moments where I was like wait when did that happen? :O haha You're welcome! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's really important that we start enjoying our present as well :) We could really miss out on a lot if we're always so busy focusing on the past and future.

      Delete
  3. Living in the moment is such an art form to just be and enjoy, we're always constantly stressing about something or reflecting about the past, I think appreciation for the smallest things and writing gratitude lists can be great to remind us of what we have right now because sometimes like you said it's not until a moments past or we've lost something that we realise it's value. I too need to practice this more thank you for the reminder Crystal! The video is too cute! I love creating playlists every year of songs that remind me of moments good and bad and listening to them to reminisce haha. <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said that so perfectly :D I want to keep a notebook where I write down little things that made me happy or made me smile and things that I am thankful for, but often look over. You're welcome :) Thank you so much for reading and I'm glad to hear I could help <3 Song playlists are such a great idea! I have one called Iris where I have a lot of the songs that have really caught my attention or can be related to a specific moment in time as well. By the way Rainbow, I'd love to read about some of your music favorites one day :D I feel like you'd have some pretty good suggestions ;)

      Delete
    2. I'm sure I can make that happen, would love to see your favourites too! It's always a good day when you find a new song or band that you really like! :D

      Delete
    3. Yay! :D can't wait to read it! I've actually been wanting to make a post about that so you can expect one soon :) It really is! I love listening to what people are in to :D

      Delete
  4. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Crystal!
    I love watching old home videos too, they're so nostalgic and it's fun to see what I was like as a child (since I don't remember!). How many sisters do you have?
    I think that what you've said at the bottom is quite true. It's important that we take every moment in life for what it is, not what it could lead to or where it came from in the past. Wonderful, reflective post!
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke :)
      They are :D I agree it's nice being able to see what you got up to as a kid :) I have 3 sisters. The oldest one is named Christina, the one that comes after me is name Zezilia, and then the youngest is named Brenda. I honestly could not have worded that better myself! I love how you said that :) Thank you so much <3

      Delete
  6. This is so true! I love watching old home videos, and I want to keep making home videos now. Even though sometimes I think I will remember now, in a long time, I won't remember. You give great advice in this post. Love it!!

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com.au
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! I think we'll only be able to remember now a couple years from now and there will be things (like in the past) that we forget and I think it would be nice to be able to reminded :) Thank you <3

      Delete
  7. such a lovely post!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a USA beauty giveaway inc lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Btw Crystal, I made you a blog header, you can see it here http://imageshack.com/a/img537/6969/u8ZKKM.png - I hope you like it!
    If you do install it, the white background won't show up, only the text.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! Thank you so much Tegan!! <3 That is very sweet of you, I'm definitely going to be using it :D

      Delete
  9. This was so neat to see! My dad used to LOVE making home videos of us as kids. We've got a whole bunch in our basement and I'm so grateful he annoyed my relatives by filming as much as he did. It really makes you reflective when looking back. Thanks for sharing, the video was super cute!

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww! :) Yeah it's always nice being able to look back so we have to thank our parents for wasting their time filming our every moves <3 Thank you! :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS