"Seriously...I'm Kidding" & Girl Online Book Review

Thursday, June 18, 2015

I'll be honest, I'm not a big reader. Don't get me wrong; books are great, but I just never was a fan of having to physically read something. I wish I did though, I would be more literate and well spoken because I honestly feel like I'm trying to speak gibberish when I talk (well not really but thats what I think (at least I hope not) But I have accumulated a list of books that I would actually like to read:

1. "Seriously...I'm Kidding" - Ellen Degeneres
2.The Unwritten Rule - Elizabeth Scott
3. All the John Green Books
4. Fan Girl - Rainbow Rowell
5. Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
6. The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion
7. To All The Boys I've loved before - Jenny Han
8. P.S. I Still Love You - Jenny Han 
9. All The Bright Places - Jennifer Niven
10. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
11. A Tale of Two Besties - Sophia Rossi
12. They All Fall Down - Roxanne St.Claire
13. Girl Online - Zoe Sugg

* Little Side note you just got a sneak peak into my journal entry from Sept. 05, 2014 ;) 

I mentioned on my last post that one of my summer goals was to read more. I'm actually really proud of myself for sticking with it. To be honest this is a post I never saw coming on my blog. I've gotten through 2 books :D (which is a lot for me). So I've decided to do a little review (more like commentary) on them. I would do a full on review, but I'm not really that good at describing things, so it would just be a lot of nonsense haha but I hope you enjoy :) and consider reading some of these with me!! 

 "Seriously...I'm Kidding"- Ellen Degeneres
This is the first book that I read and the one I wanted to read most!! If there's something you need to know about me, it's that I LOVE Ellen . Like really LOVE Ellen, I just think that she is so amazing and spreads so much love and positivity into the world. She is so kind and genuine and my biggest goal in life is to meet her and one day hopefully work for her (if she's still doing her talk show by then - which I hope she is!!). What I loved about this book is how raw is it. I honestly felt like I was having a conversation with Ellen. The thing about the book is that it's kind of like your getting to see into how her brain functions. Well sort of (not as as creepy as I made that sound haha). A better way to phrase that would be that it's like having a deep conversation with one of your really good friends. You just talk about random stuff and somewhere in there a point was made. I literally felt like Ellen was reading the book to me. It's fun, enthralling, and you totally get lost in the book. I didn't even want to put it down and I never wanted it to end. This is definitely one of my most favorite books ever (not that I've read that many, but I have). It's made it onto my list of must buys for my future apartment! I honestly can't get over it, theres so much that she talks about. Each chapter is a completely different story, which makes it 10x better because it gets you thinking and keeps you interested in what she's going to say next. I'll leave you off with a mind blowing question that she asks in her book. "If our Earth is turning at one thousand miles per hour, why can't I jump on a trampoline in Los Angeles and end up at a diner in Phoenix a few minutes later? Right? Think deeply about that for a while."

Girl Online - Zoe Sugg


I think I've mentioned before how addicted I am to Youtube, right? Zoe is one of my favorite Youtubers. When I found out that she was releasing a book I got really excited wondering what it was that she would write about. When it was released I had to go check at Target if the book was there and it was :D but the price was a bit out of my range. So (as awesome as my older sister is) she bought the book for me and surprised me with it one morning as I was getting ready to leave to class <3 It meant so much to me that she did that, so shout out to her!! ♥ Right away I began reading it and (I tell you I'm not a big fan of reading, so I don't know why I ever thought I would actually read it) after a while I put it down. Then I would come back to it here and there. She bought me the book around February and I just now got around to finishing it. Now don't start thinking I didn't like the book, like I said I'm just not a big reader. (I had about a little over half of the book left to go and so I decided that I would start reading it again) But guess what I did last night!! At first I was planning to read it in sections, but ... I, me, Crystal read the book straight for 5 hours. Yup, I stayed up until 3 a.m. just to finish the book. I was instantly hooked!! The book took a complete twist for me. I don't know what I was expecting but it was 100% what I was expecting. No it was better! Ah, I can't begin to explain it. At around 2 my dad came to the room to check if we had fallen asleep. He opens the door and I just stare at him (puffy eyes and all) and he says It's 2 in the morning what are you doing still awake? I just look at him and say "the book is just so good" (yes!! that came out of my mouth). 

Okay so maybe this wasn't really a review, but I'm so bad at reviews because I can never get my point across without spoiling the entire book. I promise though, my feelings are 100% genuine. I loved both these books so much and they definitely got me into the reading mode. 

Have you read any of these books? Do you have any book recommendations that I should add to my list? What are you reading at the moment?

" A reader lives a thousand lives before they die'" - George R. R. Martin

xoxo,
Crystal 

22 comments:

  1. I love Girl Online, I think it's actually my favourite fiction book ever! I love the twist at the end and the characters, I want them to be real! I'm not a huge reader - I love reading but I struggle to find books I want to read, but I read Girl Online in about a day because I didn't want to put it down.x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's made it onto my list as well :D<3 Right!! it's not what I was expecting at all, but some how it was all that I hoped for! I know!! I hope they consider making this into a movie <3 I'd love to see it come to life. Same, not a big reader it takes a really good book to make me want to read it. I couldn't put it down either - I just kept going haha.

      Delete
  2. Lovely :)

    xo

    Valentina

    https://www.facebook.com/fashionneed09

    If you have some time, could you like my fb page? would mean so much to me <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  4. After that review and you described it perfectly so much so Ellen's book is now on my list of books to read. The way you described it sounded like it was just as good as if not better than her TV show! Hahaha oh Youtube how on earth are you responsible for so much of my time lol! That awkward moment when people ask you what you do in your spare time... Have you ever tried audio books? They sound like they would be perfect for you ;). I highly recommend Miranda Kerr's book Treasure Yourself, she shares her life experiences and so many important little reminders along the way. Have a beautiful day Crystal! :)

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'd love to hear what you think of it if you do get around to reading it :D I'm glad I made you interested in it :D I really do think it's great, I can never really explain how good it actually was <3 lol right!! I just like people to think that I'm a little more productive and out going so I just say oh I hang out with friends (which technically isn't a lie right? because youtube is my friend ;) ... I tried once actually, it was on a book about the power of habit and I actually really enjoyed it :) so maybe I'll look into it for future books. That is definitely going on my list :D I'll see if my library has it next time I go. I hope you have a beautiful day as well Rainbow :)

      Delete
  5. I really want to read a lot of the books on your list, I have heard the greatest reviews about them

    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear what you think of them if you end up reading some :) Currently I'm reading The Unwritten Rule. Thanks for your comment Tyana :)

      Delete
  6. Cool review <3

    check out my new post on: http://styleccentricfashion.blogspot.com
    follow for follow on ig: @styleccentricfashion
    follow for follow on bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sandf-styleccentric-fashion-14140809
    fan for fan on lookbook: http://lookbook.nu/monskinsmons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh you NEED to read Eleanor & Park. It's such an amazing book and it's really easy to read and you'll finish it in a moment. I also liked Fangirl but I got to admit that Eleanor & Park is my favourite book by Rainbow Rowell. I want to read Girl Online but I haven't had the time yet (you know my posts where I talk about exams 24/7 :P). Great summer reading list. Start reading because these books are so good. Have a lovely day.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many great things about it :D I have reserved it at my library so I will definitely be reading it!! <3 Your love for the book is really making me excited to read it :D haha yeah! Good luck on them!! I think you have a well deserved vacation ahead of you ;) Girl Online was sooo good so if you have time during the summer after your done with school I really recommend it :) Hope you have a lovely day as well Leja :)

      Delete
  9. Fangirl is my favorite book in the entire world. I like to think of myself as a lot like Cath. I haven't read girl online yet, which is surprising because I'm a huge reader.
    Happy reading :)
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl has been at the top of my list for while :D I hope I enjoy it as much as you did!! I'm anxious to read it now :D She sounds like a pretty good character if she reminds you of yourself ;) If you have any free time, I definitely recommend it!! I couldn't put the book down<3 Hope you have a lovely day Brooke :)

      Delete
  10. I honestly don't know if I want to read Girl Online. I love reading but I've heard such polarizing things about it. Thanks for the review though <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Every one their own right? :) and Thank you for reading <3

      Delete
  11. I hear Ellen's book is great! I should really get around to reading it. That's awesome you're getting through on your book list! :) I've been reading "Grey" (the new Fifty Shades from his point of view) and Shopaholic Ties The Knot (love the Shopaholic books! They're very light and funny, my favourite kind of read). Keep up the reading and let us know how you're doing!

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I definitely recommend it if you have some time to give it a read :D <3 I love that they did that!! I thought it was only the one series, is the original in the perspective of the girl? Do they have a separate series just on his point of view, or is it just that one book? I'll have to give one of the shopaholic books a read, i'll see if they have some at my local library :D Thanks for reading <3 Hope your having a great day Lor :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS