The Blog Tour Award

Monday, June 15, 2015

Last week I was nominated to do The Blog Tour Award by the lovely and amazing Lor from LovelyandCozy. Definitely check out her blog if you haven't already, she does these weekly posts on how her week went and I can guarantee they are always an interesting read ;) as well as all of her other post of course (one of my faves :) 


The award rules:

  1. Pass the tour on to at least four other bloggers.
  2. Give your nominees the rules and specify the Monday in which they should post their nomination answers.
  3. Answer the four questions about your creative processes, which allows other bloggers and visitors to understand what inspires you to do what you do.
  4. Compose this one-time post on a specific Monday (date TBC by your nominator)


My Answers: 

1. How does your work differ from others in your genre?

I don't really know how to answer this question. I feel like I don't really fall under a certain genre (maybe life style?). I just kind of write about whatever I want really. I kind of intended this to sort of be like my online journal where I can express and write about certain topics to simply talking about my day. I guess maybe something that sets me apart is that I don't really have a schedule. Sometimes I'll only post once a week and others twice or more. I try to post when I'm feeling it other wise I feel like it's just words being typed without emotion (if that makes sense? haha) 

2. How does your writing/creative process work?

I don't really have a process per say. I do have some ideas and topics written down on my notes app on my computer and phone (whenever ideas come to mind I just write them down). As for the actual writing process I just type it in one go. I usually post at night because that's when I get the urge to blog most and it's when I get the most inspired. My goal is to 'free write' and just talk about things that I want to share and that I think others might enjoy :) 


3. Why do you write or create what you do?

I always wanted to have millions of journals filled with moments and stories but all I ever ended up with was debt (owed to my mom) and empty notebooks. I recently decided that I wanted to start journaling so around christmas last year (i think) I bought a journal from Barnes & Noble. I've been making an effort to write in it everyday (or at least more often) so that I can have something to look back on and one day give to my daughter to read :D (sorry I got side tracked). As for why I started a blog, I wanted to have a place where I can share things that I enjoy with others, share stories, talk about experiences, and maybe reach out to someone and let them know that they aren't alone. My main intentions are to bring a smile to someone's face or give them that me too! feeling :D you know?


4. What are you working on at the moment?

Currently, I'm trying to find inspiration on how to start my post about my trip to New Mexico. There's so much to say I don't know where to start! I am also working on reorganizing my room so that I feel a little less cluttered and get the creative juices flowing. One thing that I am really focused on doing is accomplishing one of my summer goals which is to read! I'm not (and never was) a really big reader. I recently went to the library with my sisters and picked up several books that I've been wanting to read for the longest time. The latest book that I finished reading was "Seriously...I'm Kidding" by Ellen Degeneres (I LOVE HER!!!) and it was seriously so good!! (if you would like a book review let me know :) I also read "it" by Alexa Chung (which was not really for me, I liked one chapter where she talked about heart break, but the rest of it was more about her fashion inspirations). I am currently reading "The Unwritten Rule" by Elizabeth Scott. 

My Nominees:
Coba- Let's Coba
*You are not obligated to post but if you do wish to post, I'd love to read what you have to say :)

These girls are all amazing, are pretty constant with their posts, and seem to really enjoy what they talk about so definitely check out their lovely blogs :) 

If you do wish to participate, share your Blog Tour Award Post on: Monday June 22nd 

"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile"

xoxo,
Crystal 

12 comments:

  1. great post! very interesting!
    http://haileylauderdale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I wondered if I could contact you about some blog stuff ? Could you email me to: MyhappybubbleXx@outlook.com . Or let me know your email and I'll contact you . Thank you so much <3

    Lots of love,Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah :) definitely I'll email you right now

      Delete
  3. Great post! I usually get most inspired at night too! But finish writing in the morning! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) inspiration strikes at the most random times haha :D

      Delete
  4. Oooo can you pretty please do a review on Ellen DeGeneres book? She is so amazing and I would love to hear more about it! I love how you post just when you want and let it happen it's such a free way of blogging! Thank you for the nomination! Watch out for Monday! ;) Have a lovely day Crystal! :)

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will now :D I know right!! and her book definitely shows a lot of her personality. Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoy it - it means a lot to me <3 Yay!! I can't wait to read your post :D Hope you have a lovely day as well Rainbow :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome post! It's nice to know more about you and how you write. :)

    http://sofxcza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! for taking the time to read it :D

      Delete
  6. This was great, Crystal! I really enjoyed reading it. And thank you so much for the lovely intro on me ! :) I'm looking forward to reading your post on your New Mexico trip! That is quite the book list you got to! Get lots of reading in :)

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lor :) you are very welcome <3 only kind words for one of my favorite bloggers ;) I'm hoping to get it up soon haha I've been procrastinating on writing it because I don't know where to start. The scary part is that - that's only half of them :O haha I still have some on hold at the library because they haven't been returned yet. I'm actually really proud of myself for taking the time to read :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS