June Playlist : Elastic Heart

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

 Hello
We are mid way through July and I am now just posting about this haha. But hey you can never go wrong with some music recommendations at any time of the month right? 
Here are some of the songs that I've been loving all throughout June and still through this month.
In a playlist I like to call Elastic Heart (clearly named after Sia's amazing song!!), because this month I've been trying to just be at peace with myself. One thing that I became aware of is that (like the song says) "I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard. Yeah,I may snap and I move fast but you won't see me fall apart 'cause I've got an elastic heart". I just love the way Sia portrays feelings through music! I think she captures what I want to say so well, it's like she has the power to put feelings into words <3

1. Elastic Heart 


When I first saw that Sia released an album I immediately had to check it out. It honestly didn't quite catch my attention the first time I listened to it. I kind of brushed it off until one day when I was coming back home from the store with my sister and this song came on the radio. I didn't even think twice before I put the volume up and started to sing along to it :D Now it's the song I've been singing my heart out to. I'll admit the video can be a little questionable haha but nonetheless amazing! Sia has been using dance to show a lot of emotion in her videos and I'm loving it <3 

2. Adore - Jasmine Thompson

I just adore this song ;) I love Jasmine Thompson's voice, I think it's so sweet!! and if you haven't noticed by now it's one of my favorites, right up there with raspy voices <3 I had to add both her original and acoustic versions to my playlist!

3. Good For You - Selena Gomez


This songs is seriously so good! I don't know why there was so much controversy for this song. I think people just took it all out of context, I mean there is absolutley nothing wrong with wanting to look good for someone you love. I mean if it was for the sole purpose of looking good just to impress someone else then okay I'd get it, but it's not like she was being forced to do it. And Selena has been working hard to find who she is and become comfortable with herself and I think she did and is doing an amazing job! 

4. Eyes Wide Open - Sabrina Carpenter


My sister loves Sabrina carpenter!  I had to listen to this constantly and to be honest I wasn't bothered by it haha. I still love disney channel and am no stranger to liking their music haha. I've really been loving this song and I have to admit Sabrina Carpenter has some pretty good songs!! 

5. Emergency - Icona Pop


From the second this song starts to the second it ends, you can't help but dance to this song. 

6. Call Your Girlfriend - Robyn


This song is definitely my most favorite song this month!! and the video just makes me so much more pumped to hear it <3 Why have I never heard of her before??!?!? I honestly think I've annoyed Daisy with this song by now. 

7. Lifeboat - Janet Devlin 


So I recently heard this song playing during the 15 minute previews they usually show before a movie and I fell in love! This is supposed to be an acoustic cover but you honestly can't hear the difference, just comes to show how amazing this girl is!! :D

8. Nothing Without Love -Nate Ruess


I want to go on a road trip just so that I can play this song non stop while looking out the car window and pretending like my life is a movie. *Queue me running through New York running to catch the love of my life* Ugh! I just love this song! 

9. Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd


If you haven't heard this song yet, here I am to save the day :D It's the latest buzz and my ears can clearly hear why!! Seriously does The Weeknd even have a bad song out there? 

I hope you guys enjoy these songs as much as I have been loving them :) 
What have you been listening to lately?

"Sometimes, you need to step outside, get some air, and remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be"

xoxo,
Crystal 

46 comments:

  1. Great post!! There were songs that I didn´t know haha =)
    Lots of kisses honey
    See you in my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes Jasmine Thompson is one of my favourite singers. I've been listening to her covers for so long and I just loved that she made a single. I am actually obsessed with Adore. Love your playlist. You gave me some new ideas. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!!! Her voice is just so easy on the ears <3 all I had to do was listen to one of her covers and I was hooked!! I can't wait to see what other original songs she comes out with :D me too! Yay! I hope you enjoy them! :)

      Delete
  3. Never had heard of Sabrina Capenter but her makeup is point in that video and I had to search her up, that song was so good! You always know you're going to get classic catchy pop songs from Disney channel stars which you can never ever have enough off. Not going to lie still dance around my room to Hannah Montana haha! <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! Did you find more songs that you liked? :D haha hey I'm not going to judge, Hannah Montana had some pretty epic songs! I'd gladly join and dance along with you haha :D My favorite song of hers would have to either be everybody makes mistakes or rockstar.

      Delete
  4. I'd actually never heard any of these ... I think I need to leave the house more hehe :) I loved Eyes Wide Open especially with the music video I just thought it was all really nice and you've got me slightly addicted to lifeboat ... so thanks for that ;) I adore the line " I don't need a lifeboat, I'm learning how to swim " I really relate to it right now :)

    I loved this , I always like hearing new music !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha maybe I can be of some help :D I love to find new music on Spotify but a lot of people really like Pandora as well so maybe you can give one of those a try ;) when your in the mood to find some new music. It's so catchy isn't it. hahaha I'll take full responsibility for my action ;) Right!! that song has such great lyrics if you pay attention to them. I also really like the line "silver linings are always in sight" kind of goes with your recent post about how theres always something beautiful around us we just have to start looking;)

      Delete
  5. I can be so bad with music! I always forget to listen to the new songs out there and resort back to my old playlists. I've been recently re-listening to Lea Michele's CD and I'm loving.

    Happy Friday, girl! :)
    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of those old songs are hard to forget about ;). I really love Lea Michele's song "Burn With You". I didn't know she was such a good singer, I never really watched glee but I saw her sing Cannonball on Ellen so I had to check her out and all of her songs were so good!! I hope you have a great weekend Lor :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Crystal,
    I've been pretty MIA lately due to a busy schedule. But I'm back and I really appreciate all of these song recommendations!
    I love Fun. and haven't heard much new from them lately, so I really love this song from Nate. I also love I Can't Feel My Face, it reminds me of a friend haha.
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke!
      Don't worry about it, it's understandable :) It's good to see you back and blogging! Thank you :)
      Actually I think that the band took a bit of a break (they made it clear that they didn't break up but just needed some time apart to do their own thing) . It's great to see Nate still making music though :) haha right! Such a great song that can be related to anything! It reminds me of when you can't stop laughing with all of your friends at something so silly and in the end you end up with your cheeks in pain and a really good ab workout haha. Hope you're having a great summer :)

      Delete
  7. The reply comment button won't work :( so I'll just reply here lol. I really love her song We'll be the stars, she has a unique tone to her voice which I really enjoy. YESSS! Hannah Montana friend Hi-5!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I love that song as well :) I agree!! I think she has such a unique take on music :D I can't wait to hear more from her. Yesss! haha :D *High Five's right back*

      Delete
  8. Great music choices, You have amazing taste. thanks for sharing. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D! I'm already following you ;)

      Delete
  9. Some great tracks! I love Janet Devlin & Selena Gomez! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D and ahh! such a great singers right!?

      Delete
  10. Elastic Heart is a great song, love the meaning behind the lyrics. The video also blew my mind, Maddie and Shia did an amazing job!

    If you have time please take a moment and check out my new blog: Trillu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! <3 I definitely agree!! :D I'd love to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  11. I'm loving Can't feel my face at the moment!
    We nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Check out our post for more details: http://www.halesaaw.com/2015/07/the-versatile-blog-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good right!? :D OMG thank you so much for tagging me!! :'D I will definitely be getting around to it soon :)

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love Sia and the song Elastic heart. I'll have to look up the other songs though as I haven't heard them before. Always up for discovering new music :) http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you like them :D Finding new music is so fulfilling haha :)

      Delete
  13. I love Elastic Heart :) Sia is one of my favourite artists.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'But first.. Let me take a selfie*'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too :D!! Her voice is just so powerful! Have you heard her song "Breathe Me"? sooo good!

      Delete
  14. Aww yes I love finding new music thanks for the recommendations!!

    xx aubsmeetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! :D It's such a good feeling when you find new music to obsess over :D haha. You're welcome, I hope you enjoy them :)

      Delete
  15. I love acoustic sounds, that takes so much talent. Cool recommendations.

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! I feel like they really let you hear someone's voice for the first time even though you may have heard it several times before in studio edited version. Thanks :)

      Delete
  16. I love some of these songs ( the others I have never heard of) LOL!

    bloggingrapes.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them :D Thanks for your comment

      Delete
  17. Is anyone completely entranced by the dance in Sia's videos. I think they are incredible and I find it almost hypnotic to watch!

    www.sisterhoodofsilver.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me!! :D haha I find it so different from other forms of dances that I've seen and idk it just really conveys emotion and Maddie just does such a great job at bringing that to life :)

      Delete
  18. I loved seeing your playlist! It's always so hard for me to find new music! I love elastic heart though, I hadn't seen the video until now! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D It is for me too! I'll get lucky one week and find so many great songs and then for the next month I can't find anything, I'll find one or two if I'm lucky haha. I hope you enjoy some of my recommendations :)

      Delete
  19. I don't want You to think that I'm just spamming but if there is any chance You can find few seconds to check my blog that would be a big privilege. It's really hard to start existing. Thank You for Your attention. http://lilianndehn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no not at all! I'd love to check out your blog :) I bet it's really great x

      Delete
  20. I love lots of these things, and the ones I don't know I'll listen to right away :)

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely playlist.. Good for you is my fave at the moment :)

    Chic Peachy Pink l Instagram l Twitter l BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's so good! I would have to be one of my faves as well

      Delete
  22. Nice playlist! Me on the other hand enjoys EDM music for this month. Thanks to Spotify I found a playlist called EDM Bangerz where I love all the EDM music.

    (◕‿◕✿) EmoteraGoddess.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I actually really enjoy EDM music as well! I've always wanted to go to one of those big concerts like Tomorrowland and the electric Daisy festival. I'll have to listen to that playlist sometime :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS