Dreams

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Source

Okay so this is a topic I always tend to talk about with friends because I just love finding common ground on these sorts of things :D And since I consider you guys my friends I'm going to talk about them with you <3

Here are a few of dream occurrences that I have experienced:

1. Smelling, Feeling, and Tasting in a dream

Okay so a while back (junior year of high school) I had a debate with one of my friends during ceramics class about this and she said I was crazy and that it wasn't possible. BUT seriously I can do this in my dreams! Do any of you experience this as well? 
I once had this dream that I was arriving to a party with my 
"boyfriend' (which only exists in my dreams ;) hence the quotation marks). When we arrived we went to say hi to everyone; greeting everyone with a hug. When I was about to get to the end, 'my boyfriend' (in the dream) went around to the end of the line of people that I was hugging; I giggled and then went to hug him and I swear I could feel his arms around me and the warmth of his hug (you know now that I think about this that's a little scary O.O)

2. Waking up and realizing that it was only a dream

This one is the most frustrating of all!! Don't you just hate it when you have the most amazing dream and you realize it never happened!! I was once dreaming that I was at a party (with me I had a pizza and a drink). When I woke up I went to reach for my soda but it wasn't there!! and I realized it was only in my dream to which then I was like "well at least I still have my pizza" .... *Crying emoji*

3. Feeling like you can hardly move

Does this one happen to any of you? I read once online that this happens because while you are asleep you don't really have much room to really move around so it's your bodies way of subconsciously telling you that? For example, I'll have a dream where I'm trying to run away from something but my feet become so heavy that I start running in slow motion. 

4. Feeling like your falling off a cliff

I know this one is really common but we can't leave this one out because it's kind of a creepy cool out of body experience. It's really scary though I've heard that it's your body jerking you awake because it felt like your heart was stopping. But the science side of it says that it's your brain misinterpreting why your muscles and the rest of your body is relaxing before you enter a deep sleep so it makes your muscles contract which causes the jerking movement. 

5. Dreaming that you are driving a car and suddenly have no control of it

 I read once that this dream can mean that you feel like you don't have control of your life and the bigger the vehicle the bigger the problem is. 
I think this one is pretty common as well. Does anyone else have this dream? I occasionally will dream that I'm driving a pickup truck with my sisters inside of it with me. We could be driving in the middle of no where or in the middle of town but once the dream runs it's course I'll start losing control of the car. So I'll try really hard to keep it from crashing into anything which causes us to swerve.
The last time I remember having a similar dream to this was at the beginning of the year. I dreamt that I was on a school trip and the bus driver left the drivers seat because he was scared. I was forced (by my classmates) to go up and save everybody on the buses life. I ran to the front of the bus and pushed as hard as I could on the brake and try taking control of the steering wheel, once I was able to gain control of the bus (which then turned into a giant horse out of nowhere) I did a semi donut turn to stop it next to a giant bench so that everyone could safely get off.
I've also noticed that these dreams mainly occurred before I was able to drive.

6. Being Conscious in a dream (Lucid Dreaming) 

I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm a lucid dreamer because I can never control my dreams. Though I can realize that I'm dreaming while I'm dreaming and acknowledge that I'm dreaming and tell myself that it is a dream and continue on dreaming. Then once I wake up I can remember telling myself that I was dreaming while I was dreaming. Does that make sense? 

7. The relief of waking up before something bad happens in a dream

Don't you just love when something horrible is happening and in that moment it feels so real and you're able to wake yourself up before it gets worse! (Talk about relief) 

8. Dreams that just don't make sense

I had this dream where my family and I where leaving a laundry mat in the middle of the night. We were approached by a man who pointed a gun at us and told us to give him all of our belongings. We frantically started backing ourselves into the car. When the man was about to shoot, bubbles started coming out of his gun? 

9. When you start off in one place and end up somewhere completely different

This one is my favorite. Its kind of like teleporting in your dreams :D 

10. Waking. Up. Before. THE GOOD PART!!!!!

Do I need an explanation?!

Theses are just some of the ones that I can think of at the moment. If you have any other dream experiences you'd like to share or can relate to any of these let me know in the comments :D 

"Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with dreams or wake up and chase your dreams. The choice is yours..."

xoxo,
Crystal 

18 comments:

  1. I get four every now and then and the feeling that I just tripped over something lol, I never knew the explanation to that so it was really interesting to read that! You learn something new everyday! ;) Oh and 8 dear 8... I was on sleeping tablets for a good few years when I was younger (Highly recommend not taking them) and I use to have the most weirdest/out of it dreams like once I was the female version of Jack Sparrow and I yelled out "Blooddrunk" (Name of a song I had been listening to on repeat for days before this dream) at the front of the ship. I also had another dream where my grandparents had one the lotto but the lotto ticket was printed on the back of a piece of frozen meat and we all lived in a fairyland.... um what were you up to mind?!?!. YES to that quote that made me smile and I needed that today! Have a gorgeous day Crystal! <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaah These are the moments when you wish that dreams could be recorded just so you can go back and see how weird your mind can be. Omg! haha I love that I can just imagine your confusion afterwards. I'm glad it could help :D I like hearing that the quotes are actually useful! <3 I hope you have a beautiful day as well Rainbow :) <3

      Delete
  2. I love talking about dreams! I have had 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10. I've never had 1 though, but maybe in the future. I think smell is possible but I've never had that happen in a dream.

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! I've read that usually it'll be something that you may have smelled during that day or something you may have smelled while you were sleeping and it somehow made it's way into your dream.

      Delete
  3. This was incredibly interesting to read! I think I've probably experienced all of these at some point or another. Waking up before the good part -- the worst!!! My radio-alarm will jerk me awake and BAM: the rest of my morning is ruined :P haha

    http://cozycomfyhome.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D Ugh! Right!!! It's like noooo!! Brain why would you do this to me :'( haha. I don't think there is a bigger deception then that.

      Delete
  4. Such an interesting post, I find dreams so interesting! I usually have dreams that relate to my life - I've dreamt about getting my new school timetable for next year about 4 times so far during the summer break! I have actually had a reoccurring dream the past few years just before I go back to school for the new year where I go and everything's goes wrong, it always turns out exactly the same each year so I think that's really strange! I'm really interested in this so I'd love to hear more about your opinions on dreams again in the future x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D they are! I think that it's just such a cool topic that everyone can relate to for the most part :) That's really interesting that you've had that same reccurring dream so many times :O Do you think maybe it could be something you think about a lot and somehow it's your subconscious mind turning it in to a dream. I have had that happen before where I'll go to sleep while I'm thinking about one thing trying to avoid the other thing which gets pushed to the back of my head but it's still there trying to make it's way back into my head and I end up dreaming something slightly similar or related to that thought (if that makes sense?). Thank you so much :D That makes me so happy to hear. I will definitely be doing more of these in the future ;D Hope you have a great day Erin x

      Delete
  5. I hate that feeling of falling, I really can't stand it and I'm always really panicky when I wake up from it ! I'm with you when you say you can feel things in your dreams, I think you can :) I also really loved the quote you left at the end , I just think it's so beautiful that you wake up and you have a whole day to do whatever you want with !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It literally feels like you've fallen off of something even though your like right in the middle of your bed and no where near an edge O.O. I know what you mean! It can be pretty scary. Really? Okay so I'm not the only one :D. Thank you :) I love hearing that you guys enjoy them :) Yes! I love the way you said that! It kind of gives you something to look forward to in the morning. <3 Have a lovely day Marianne x

      Delete
  6. I just wanted to let you know ive just came across your blog and now im binge reading everything, haha, I love it xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you so much! :D <3 I hope you have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  7. This is such a fun post! thanks for sharing you have an amazing blog. Hope you have a nice day:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope you have a nice day as well x

      Delete
  8. I can totally relate to dreams about driving a car that is out of control ( in addition I don't have my license and I'm trying to avoid being pulled over by the police) and the dreams about falling ( which usually ends in waking up with my heart racing in fear). I also have dreams about being pregnant and I wake up wondering if I actually am ( though I've read that this kind of dream has to do with the desire to be creative and work on some kind of project). My dreams are a crazy place sometimes but interesting when I remember them .

    Your blog is pretty great , I just followed. I'd like if you stopped by my blog and let me know what you think. If you like , follow back and we can be blogger buddies. :) either my life blog
    http://adorkabledarling.blogspot.com/ or my music blog http://musicmakesmewhole.blogspot.com/
    whichever strikes your fancy ( is that a weird phrase ? haha). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that dream could be your subconscious mind interpreting that feeling of not wanting to get pulled over into a dream. It's crazy how real life-like dream can be! right? I've heard that theory too, I've also heard that it could mean that some aspect of your life is growing and you feel like your not ready for it yet. I guess it all comes down to how you react to the pregnancy in your dream. haha yeah dreams are probably one of the coolest things that our minds can do :D

      Thank you so much! :) I will definitely be checking your blog out :)
      haha not at all, I actually really like it ;)

      Delete
  9. I hate waking up before the good part. I mean why??? I am so happy and can't wait to see and then my mom or some sort of sound wakes me up. Just great... Love this post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! It's so frustrating because you can never go back to that dream :'( .. Thank you :D <3

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS