My First Youtube Video, what!?

Wednesday, August 26, 2015


Hey guys :) 
So this has been something I have debated about for years. Ever since I found out about youtube, I've always wanted to make videos of my own. Regardless of wether anyone watched them or not.
But I've always been scared of putting myself out there and not knowing if what I make will be liked by others. 
I recently just decided that enough is enough. I can't keep pushing this off because of what people will think. Sure I may not have the most interesting videos and I may not be the most aesthetically pleasing person in the world, but I should do this because I want to. I feel like this will allow me to get a better feel of what producing content is like even if it is just 5-10 minute videos. 
I also think that this will allow me to create more and want to get better at it as I go. 

Without further adieu.....
This is my first video ever! No more beating around the bush. I just set my phone to record, edited out the unnecassary footage, and did not worry too much about the outcome. Eventually I'll get better at finding my angles, lighting, and being more comfortable in front of the camera but for now,  I hope you guys enjoy it :)

*A couple of disclaimers 
- I'm aware that I said this was going to be 50 facts but I only ended up having 41 (which is a really random number) so just pretend that didn't happen.
-I also said that this video is another video but this is actually going to be my first video :)
- I was not aware that you had to be a youtube partner to edit your thumbnails .... (I don't think that needs an explanation) 



Ahh. okay one more thing! I wasn't lying when I said that I would end up with a 30 minute video haha luckily I was able to get it down to 10 minutes. I really hope you guys enjoy it. I know I'm a little awkward in front of the camera since it is my first video and I was a little nervous but I hope you guys like it :) 

Wait! One more thing :D This is going to be the first time you guys actually get to see me! Being that I don't have any profile pictures. This is a big step for us! So just lower your expectations a bit haha. 

P.S. all those views are mainly from myself checking and rechecking the video to make sure I didn't forget anything haha


12 comments:

  1. Well done for finally going for it! Subscribed! :)

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) this just made my day x I hope you have a lovely day <3

      Delete
  2. You have no idea how excited I was when I saw this Crystal! You are freakin' beautiful and you're not as awkward as you think you are, it's funny how we think a certain way about ourselves and to someone else it's not really even noticeable. I'm so so proud of you Crystal, such a huge achievement and I just can't wait to see more videos! Hahahah the views thing I did that too! Fantastic first video YouTube buddy, you should be DAMN proud! :D

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Rainbow :') you are seriously so sweet and so kind! <3 Thank you so much! You are so right! I always find it strange whenever someone points out something to me but I never even noticed it or thought of it that way. Yay! for being youtube buddies :D Maybe one day we'll get to meet in person!!!! <3 I got so excited when I saw your video as well. I loved every second of it! I can't wait to see more :D

      Delete
    2. Hell yes to meeting in person, I'm going to wildly predict us being the YouTubers at vidcon?!?! haha one day! ;)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVED this, Crystal!! It was soo great hearing your voice for the first time AND seeing what you looked like!! :) I found myself laughing out loud, you're so charismatic! I totally understand how scary that first plunge can be..when I first started blogging, I didn't show any close up pictures of myself. But I got tired of "hiding" and decided to just go for it. It was scary at first (sometimes still can be!) but in the end, it's so much more rewarding!

    Subscribed to you! :) This is truly exciting, I feel like I know you better already, woo!

    http://cozycomfyhome.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lor :D !!! All of these sweet comments are definitely so comforting <3 :) haha Yay! I was so nervous just thinking about posting it and I was like ah! what the heck. But I feel like now that I've gone through and posted it - it just makes me want to make more videos and get better at it.

      Haha Thank you! :D I totally felt the same when you uploaded your room tour! It felt so nice just listening to you talk (as weird as that sounds haha). I really hope you plan on making more videos :D
      I hope you have a lovely day Lor :)

      Delete
  4. I don't think you have to be a YouTube partner to change your tumbnail. I was always able to use the thumbnail I wanted and I'm not a partner. I think you can somehow change it in the setting.
    That being said, I really enjoyed your video. Congrats on uploading it ♥
    letscoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know! I will definitely look into that because I looked up some videos for help and my account for some reason didn't have the edit thumbnail option but I'll see what I can do :)
      Thank you so much :) <3

      Delete
  5. Love this and you're so funny on snapchat

    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) haha aww thanks :) sometimes I feel like I get a bit carried away with the amount of posts I make but at the same time It's just so fun snap chatting. I really like watching your snaps too :D

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS