Use Your And

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

You either have the looks or the brains, said society.
But who says you can't have both? 
When you limit yourself to just one thing you start to let society and the world around you define who you are and who you want to be. Don't be afraid to be more then one thing. Be a curious mind with ambition, and a soul, and a creative imagination; but don't stop there. Don't let anybody define you, because only you have the power to define yourself. 

I was recently inspired by the amazingly talented blogger and all around beautiful Marianne from Don'tBurstMyBubble to talk about some of my ands. She did a post talking about her and's which you should definitely check out! I have no doubt in my mind that you will want to browse throughout her entire blog so go and check it out ;) Also another amazing blogger you should definitely check out is Lou from Lou's World; she recently tagged me in the Blog Tour award, since I've already done the tag I won't be doing it again, but I still wanted to Thank her for that :) <3 

If any of you are familiar with the campaign #UseYourAnd then you know exactly what I'm talking about, but if you don't I'll leave the video here for you guys to watch it. 


This campaign aims to bring awareness to the fact that you don't have to define yourself to just one 'label'. There is no such thing as a bad quality. You are who you are and you shouldn't try to hide it. Embrace everything you have to offer; your story, your obstacles, your goals, your achievements, and your ambitions. Let the world know who you are and what you have yet to become. The great thing about life is that you never stop growing and throughout it you only learn more and more. 

I am strong and smart
and kind and loving
and brave and curious
and wise and a friend
and a sister and a daughter 
and a dreamer and a realist 
and a really bad singer who loves to sing 
and an actress and a role model 
and scared and determined
and ambitious and a fan girl 
and a dog lover and a dancer
and cheesy and quirky
and a lover and a fighter 
and a blogger and a student
and anxious and nervous
and confused and a romantic 
and a comedian and a feminist 
and ...

The great thing about this is that your list will never stop growing, as you grow your list will get bigger and you'll only grow wiser and stronger.

What are some of your ands? 

"Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, and magical person that you are."

xoxo, 
Crystal 

14 comments:

  1. heeey! hope you have a great day! do you want to follow each other via bloglovin? if yes, just follow me there and i'll follow you back soon! http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) Thank you! I hope you have a lovely day as well! <3

      Delete
  2. *Stands up and claps* YES!!! The way you wrote this Crystal is just seriously beautiful, I was sitting here thinking girl that intro is so on point and how this just flowed so well. I loved reading all your ands, it's really amazing when we look at ourselves that we are so many things on such a wide spectrum and that we are never ever truly one thing. We are filled with so many beautiful qualities that should all be celebrated! Absolutely amazing post Crystal! <3 Have a beautiful day! :)

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! :'D Thank you! Thank you! *bows* haha. Exactly :D We are never just one thing and we shouldn't limit ourselves to just one thing. We have so much life ahead of us that we never really truly stop growing and with every experience we gain more attributes. Thank you so much Rainbow :D Your comment just made my day :') I hope you have a lovely day as well Rainbow <3

      Delete
  3. Brilliant post ! This is such an important topic :) Thank you so much for the lovely mention, it really made me smile during my week off from blogging ! Also, as I've been away I hadn't seen your new blog design and can I just say I LOVE IT ! It's really lovely and pretty :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D and you're welcome ;) Your blog is definitely worth the mention <3 I hope you're having a lovely time on your week off :)

      Delete
  4. This is an amazing post on such an important issue! You are such an amazing, inspiring writer xx

    P.s I'm loving the new blog look! :)

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much!! :) <3 Hope you have a lovely day Jess x

      Delete
  5. Perfect photos and really nice blog I love it! Keep going!
    ♥ Follow for follow? Let me know, I always follow back! ♥

    Izabella | Môj BLOG /klik/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant sweetie! Seriously so inspiring and uplifting- I'm so glad you wrote this so I could read it and feel all happy and tingly.. You are such an amazing person AND a brilliant writer AND a huge inspiration. Honestly, you're ace! xxx

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! :') Thank you so much!! This comment really made my day <3 I hope you have a lovely day x

      Delete
  7. Your blog looks great Crystal! I'm constantly changing mine all the time I swear, haha! I'm just never satisfied!

    It's looking great though!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Xx, Antonnette

    Check out my blog if ya get bored ;)
    http://www.AntoTerese.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) haha. Sometimes change is good and sometimes it just takes a while till you find something you like ;) I'm sure it's quite fun having something new to look at every once in a while.
      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS