Life Update :)

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Hey Guys!!!
It's been what feels like forever! since I've last posted.
I've been so busy with school and the whole "ugh! I don't want to do anything anymore" feeling that I haven't had time to really work on a new post. Luckily, though, I'm going to be going on a trip soon (if all goes well) :D so I will definitely be sharing that with you guys. 

So for now I'll just give you guys a couple of updates and what I've been up to this week :) 

First of all! I got a new camera :'D. Which I'm so excited about because I've been dreaming of owning a DSLR for the longest time and now I've finally gotten one so hopefully I'll be able to post better pictures on here :) 
For now enjoy a picture of this little cutie :)  

❁ ❁ ❁ Brandy ❁ ❁ ❁

On Thursday I went to a meditation class with my friend :D
The room that we were in was so cool! and the view was amazing! This is a picture I took on my phone on a little balcony. It's been cloudy the past couple of days and despite the fact that it has been pretty humid I've been loving the sky <3 


The class was just a one day thing and it was just an hour long so we only meditated for about 5 minutes, but it was honestly just so nice. It was more of a "what is meditation" class. I kind of want to get back into meditating because it's honestly such a stress relief and it's a nice way of becoming in tune with yourself and letting yourself have a little break from the world.  

Tip: sometimes it's best to have a little pre-meditation before you actually meditate.
For example: my friend and I had pizza ;). I'm telling you, it works wonders haha.

Recently Rainbow from Rainbow-Rose Blossom, did a video called How To Stay Motivated where she gave some really good advice and also talked about her vision board, which I thought was so cool and it's inspired me to make my own :D


I started working on this yesterday so it's not done or anywhere near being done, but I wanted to give you guys a little sneak peak of it. The idea behind this is to just post things that inspire me and motivate me to keep going. I really liked waking up to this - this morning so I think I'm going to keep it around for a while. 

*** By the way check out Rainbow's youtube channel if you haven't already.That women is gorgeous and amazingly talented! ;) You'll thank me later.

Here's my newest video if you guys want to check it out :) It's very pointless but still fun to make! 


That's about all that I did this week; which isn't much, but probably the most eventful in a while :) 
I hope you guys have a lovely week :) 

***Also!! check out Adorable Darling from the wonderful (yet ordinary) life of me!
I recently took part in a party collab over on her blog :) If you'd like definitely check it out!! I think you'll really like her :) 

What have you guys been up to lately? How has the weather been? 

It's currently monsoon season and on Tuesday we got hit with a pretty bad storm! I got to drive home in the rain for the first time, it was both an epic and frightening experience but luckily I got home safely :) 

"The secret to being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day"

xoxo,
Crystal 

15 comments:

  1. Yaaaay! Congrats on getting a DSLR! I got a mirrorless camera a few months ago and it was the best decision ever! I take most of my photos with it, it's fantastic! <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D It still feels a little unreal holding it and knowing that I have it, so once I wake up I just make sure it wasn't one of those dreams haha. CONGRATS :D to you as well!! I've never heard of a mirrorless camera to be honest, so I googled it and it sounds really interesting. I'm really curious to see how it works, but you're photos are always so amazing and great quality :D So I know that it's definitely a good camera. Yay for us :D <3

      Delete
  2. Hahaha I love YOUR intro! "Become like Mufasa in 5 seconds" I can relate after I wash my hair... POOF lol! Woohoo congrats on the new camera, the view looks amazing! ;) Started from the bottom and now we're here ;) Honestly you could talk about anything Crystal and I would be entertained! You have a way of speaking and ideas that we all relate too and you put it in such a clever entertaining way! <3 Please do keep making videos! I LOVE your vision board it looks freakin' so cool, I really like what you did with the places you want to go! Thank you so much for the shout out too, really appreciate it and you are too kind! <3 :O yes it's like heart palpitations every time you lose something important like phone, keys or wallet and then it ends up being right in front of your face or somewhere reasonable! Ahahahahahaha the bit about Hot Topic I had to stop my self from bursting out laughing in the Library! You are seriously amazing Crystal, you are going to go so far and you really have a knack for entertaining people! <3 Have a beautiful day and I seriously can't wait for the next one! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thanks :') The struggle is real! Oh the joys of having thick hair :D haha. But hey when you got awesomely colored hair I bet it makes it fun :D. Thank you :) I realized I was a bit out of focus but it was because I didn't have anyone to stand infant of the camera so that I can focus on a subject and not the background but at least now I know for next time. haha you so get me! I was going to use that reference too! AWW Thank you so much! I feel like I just sound like I'm speaking gibberish most of the time but it means a lot to me that you think that <3 Thanks! :D I was inspired by the best ;) so no need to thank me, I need to thank you! <3 Right!! it just feels so real and almost as if you've drifted off into space until you realize where it was and you realize how foolish you've made yourself look haha. haha :'D YAY!! <3 So glad you enjoyed that! My sister always finds it funny because she'll walk into hot topic and i'll be like can we go over to claire's haha. Don't get me wrong though hot topic is THE place for band t-shirts so I sacrifice my sanity for that haha. Seriously thank you so much! You're support definitely keeps me going :D I hope you have a beautiful day as well <3

      Delete
    2. It's all trial and error but seriously you did so amazing and I feel so proud of you! Oh band tees <3 I can't wait to visit the USA, Hot Topic has been on my list for so long! Anytime girl you are just too awesomely badass and same here your support means the world! <3

      Delete
  3. I love your mood board doohickey. It's nice to have all your inspirations in one area to reflect upon. I can relate about the hair. Mine tends to get fluffy & frizzy. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes! I have to agree. It's a nice way to just keep yourself motivated :) haha then you know the struggle is real :') haha

      Delete
  4. Your blog is so nice! I follow you now :)
    Let me know if you want to stay in touch?

    xoxo
    http://www.thenewpersonalassistant.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal !!! I missed you ! haha :) I loved your most recent video by the way, I've watched but I'll comment talking about that on the actual video when I get home from my piano lesson hehe ! What type of camera is it ? Meditation class sounds amazing, I'd love to do something similar to that:) I was doing yoga but the teacher left but the gym says we'll have a new one soon so hopefully I can get back into it and fall over some more lol :) I'm loving your motivation wall and I can't wait to see how it grows :) I loved rainbows video it got posted just when I needed it !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    P.s. Brandy is ADORABLE !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marianne!! :D I've missed you too <3 Aww thank you so much! :) OMG piano lessons that sounds so fancy and so cool! haha. How long have you been taking piano lessons for? I got a canon rebel T5 :)
      You definitely should try it out sometime! You can even look up some videos up on Youtube under guided mediation and see if you like it ;) I've also been interested in Yoga :D I hope they do end up finding someone! :) It's the worst when you finally decide to do something that you've been thinking about for a while and then something else gets in the way, like no instructor or not enough students so they end up canceling it :'( hahaha just own the falls and say that that's what you meant to do haha. Thank you! :) and yes!! she some how always know the right things at the right time <3 Wonderful woman she is! Have a lovely day Marianne :) x

      aww thank you :') I'll let her know haha

      Delete
    2. I've been doing them for about three months I'm finding it really calming and am just really enjoying not being very good at it and being completely okay with it :) Thank you, I'm thinking abiout getting a descent camera for my blog :) I'd love to, that's a really good idea I might do that this weekend when I'm taking a break from college work hehe ! I'm looking forward to starting yoga again and yes I tried to tell the woman that I fell on that I meant to do it and it was impressionistic yoga, but she didn't seem impressed lol ;)

      lots of love, Marianne xxx

      http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
    3. That's definitely the way to go about it :D Positive attitude all the way :) If you can you should! :D It really makes you want to up your game a bit with blogging haha even though I haven't really been able to get around to it lately but I have had the urge to. hahahah you came out of that situation like a Boss

      Delete
  6. Haha. great to hear from you again! :) Trust, I've been so busy myself! That's awesome you got a new camera! It takes beautiful pictures, and I really love that dog! That's so awesome you tried meditation; anything that encourages relaxing / reflection, I'm up for! I'm actually starting up yoga again in a few weeks and I can't wait. Gahh, I'm at work now so can't check the vid - I'll be sure to do so at home!

    The weather here has been HOT! It's very appropriate since it's officially the last week of summer. Next Wednesday, Fall begins and I can't wait! Hope you're having a nice week!!

    -Lor @ cozycomfyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like this time of the year has just gotten so hectic! I'm so glad that I finally got a break this weekend so I'm back feeling better then ever :) Thank you :D I've been playing around with it to kind of get the hang of how it works :) So far I really like it. OMG! Yes! Yoga I've been wanting to try that out. I'm glad you're starting it back up :D Are you going to be doing it with your sister again? :D

      Here to :'( So I feel your pain haha. But good thing the weather will start getting a little nicer now :D I hope you have a great week as well :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS