It's time for a change

Sunday, January 17, 2016


So you may or may not have noticed that I was gone for a while. Though I promise it was for a very good reason. I've been productive :D Which is great because I'm so used to the constant same old routine of being lazy and not doing anything. In the time that I was gone, I got a job! Which I think I did mention on here. It's been going great, but I still get a bit of work anxiety when dealing with customers, but it's okay because this experience will help me get out of my comfort zone. Which is what brings me to this post.

I'm the type of person who will say no to a lot of things because I tend to always think about the worst. I've had enough of that! I want to start saying yes to more things and actually living. I mean I have every other day of my life to just lounge around and do nothing but when I don't take up opportunities and cease the moment I feel as if my days are being wasted.

Think about it. We were given the gift of life and yet we chose to just sit around and watch life go by. So let's start ceasing the moments and enjoying life for what it has to offer. Go outside of your comfort zone, sure it may seem scary at first but in the end you'll have had an amazing time. Although, I wouldn't say to say yes to everything because there are certain situations that you shouldn't get yourself into. But for those moments when you are offered to do something you've always wanted to do but were too scared to do the first time, say yes to more of those. Just remember that it's great to say YES to more things, but it's also okay to say no as well. Take things at your own pace.

(P.S. This is a very short post with no sense of direction really, but I wanted to share something that's been on my mind lately with you guys :) I kind of want to start a post series where I post thoughts that I've been having, kind of like a diary but online. 

What's been on your mind lately? any New Years Resolutions?


"Opportunities are like sunrises, if you wait too long, you miss them" 

xoxo,
Crystal 

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Crystal!! :) Congrats on the way things are going with your job!! (trust me, I can totally understand the anxieties that come with customers!) What you mentioned reminded me about a book I heard about (I think it's called "Say Yes" or something) and it's about exactly what you described! Saying yes, could also mean saying no to someone - because you're saying YES to yourself! I love that, especially because I often have trouble with this one. That's something I'm trying to do this year.
    Hope you've been having a lovely start to your week!
    -Lor // acozyspace.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lor! :D Right! I'm sure it gets easier the more practice you get but some people are just so intimidating. I really love that! :D I'm going to try and find that book because it sounds like it has some pretty good lessons to share. Me too! it's hard to say no sometimes but when we learn to say no we learn to take control of our lives. I hope you have a lovely week as well <3

      Delete
  2. Hi Crystal!
    Did you read my post about the power of saying yes? because what you said sounds familiar ,hmm.. haha. I'm glad you are back. I can definitely relate to you when you said working gets you out of your comfort zone. Lately I've had to learn to be more assertive with kids and talk more. I'm getting there, haha. My new years resolution is to get my drivers license. I know I've been saying that I would for years but this time feels different. I'm trying to have more confidence in myself.
    anyway , hope you are having a great year so far.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! :D I actually haven't read it but I did book mark it to read it and when I saw the title I was like :O Literally same! haha great minds think alike ;) I'm going to go read it right now because I can honestly take all the inspiration that I can :D Good luck on getting your drivers license :D It took me a while to get mine as well because I just kept avoiding it but once I did it it wasn't as hard as I made it out to be in my head. I bet you'll do great! I hope you have a great week :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, Yes , Yes , YES !!! GO YOU CRYSTAL !!!!! Ahhhh I loved reading this post, so empowering ! You're going to ace this new job and get more comfortable with the customers everyday because lifes cool like that , always say yes if it feels right to you and would make you happy ( as long as you're obviously ) because when you're old and retire well ... then you can lounge around watching netflix ;) I've missed your posts so so much I've been checking back every week like Where's Crystal ??!!!!! I'm so happy you've taken on this attitude, we can do this !

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you Marianne! <3 you're right! Life has a way of turning things great with time :) Yaaasss! You put my feeling into words haha. I didn't know how to phrase it but the old and retire piece was just spot on! That's when we can afford to just hang out and be lazy. I mean of course the occasional rest is good but you'll have plenty of time in the later future to do that everyday so might as well enjoy life now while we really can enjoy it. haha aww :') that just made my day 10 times brighter and really motivates me to post more <3 This is our year ;) So many great things to come!! We got this ! <3

      Delete
  4. I am so happy you have started to live life and say yes. I to have been doing the same thing lately and in doing so I have been offered many more opportunities and experienced many new things and made lots of happy memories that one year ago I would have said no to! Good luck with your endeavour and don't ever change :) xxxx

    www.sisterhoodofsilver.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, YES and more YES to this post Crystal! ;) I'm so proud of you and you inspire me! <3 <3 <3 Wooohooo you are so awesome! <3 This is something I struggle a lot with at times too and instead of automatically saying no to things I actually really need to look at it and then make my choice. 2016 girl! ;) xoxo <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope this year is a fantastic one for you!!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS