I'm Scared, but that's okay

Friday, February 5, 2016


How do I even begin?

I'm an ambitious and driven person. I dream a lot, and I have all these goals that I've set out for myself. I always dream about having this amazing career and being happy but as soon as I give myself a moment to start thinking, I scare myself away and suddenly my goals and dreams become unreachable. For some reason, the darkness in my head clouds my vision and I can no longer grasp a hold of those desires I once had. I fall back into this pit of darkness where I just end up getting by and hoping that somehow everything magically finds it's way to me. But that's not how life works! The only way that dreams become real is if you get yourself up out of that darkness and start fighting for what you want. You are the only thing that can make things happen for you! Yes, fear is so powerful! Fear has the ability to drag you down but you can't let it control your life forever. It's going to tug at you and mess with you to get you to give up but in the end, fear is non existent. It only exists if you allow it too. So pick yourself up, one step at a time and start fighting your battles. Learn, live, experience, fall down, and pick yourself right back up. Life is but a book of lessons that with every page you turn you meet new characters (good and bad), you experience new stories, and you learn new lessons. So don't just sit around and leave your book unread. See what the world has to offer you and even when you feel scared, keep going. Because even though fear cannot be escaped, you can overcome it ♥

Just think of all those moments in which you were afraid at the start but when you came out of that situation everything was fine. In fact not just fine but you actually had a great time, you learned new things, and you met amazing people. Remember all those times you overcame fear and things were perfectly fine.

"climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world"

xoxo,
Crystal

13 comments:

  1. So true, sometimes you just have to look fear in the face and not back down. Everyone has fears but don't ever let fear get in the way of your happiness <3

    sierra | @itsberrystylish  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! :D fear is powerful but you are even stronger <3

      Delete
  2. This is a great post, sometimes you have to take a chance and they can be the best decisions you made in life!


    Meme x

    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D yes, you have to learn to give yourself a little push no matter how scared you may be at first because you never know what could possibly be on that other side <3

      Delete
  3. Yes crystal ! fear isn't a nice feeling and it's scary and unsettling but you're right the majority of the time when you've been scared and done it it's actually okay , or even better and you actually go and have a great time . Lots of things are scary but we have to take a deep breath and jump sometimes because we deserve to be happy and life will always find what's right for you in the end but only if you work hard and follow your instincts :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Marianne! :D <3 Fear is just something that stands in our way but as soon as we gain that little strength to move past it we start achieving so much more, and that's when we start living. Ah I love what you said at the end <3 " we have to take a deep breath and jump" :) <3

      Delete
  4. this was such an inspiring post. I can definitely relate to being worried about the future and feeling doubt about reaching my dreams. I love the expression that life is a book. The truth is you won't know what happens until you turn the page ( take action). Whether the results of your actions be good or bad, It's your story. :)

    Even when things go wrong , you can find a way to make them right again if you try. Not all things are set in stone. It's better to regret the things you did do than be haunted by the things you didn't. There are so many opportunities ahead of us, let's face them bravely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :D <3 Me too! I think it actually kind of makes you feel more excited about life because (think about this), when you read a book you become so enthralled and into it that you can't wait to (like you said ;) turn the page and find out what happens next. That's basically what life offers you, the chance to take action and see what will happen next :D Yesss!!! Love that last part about regretting thing that you did do then what you didn't do.

      Delete
  5. Crystal I love you!!! This is so full of inspiration, empowerment and compassion! Fear is crazy powerful but as you said we have overcome fear many times in our life and it has been okay. This is so relatable so thank you, thank you, thank you for writing this!!!

    "Because even though fear cannot be escaped, you can overcome it" *Lets all bow down to Queen Crystal* Yas girl yas!!! :D Ummm so when's your book coming out Missy?!?! cause I need to read it! ;)

    I remember when I chose recovery I was so terrified of everything, I couldn't see the other side and someone said to me you can always stop and fall back into it if you want too.. as sad as that sounds that gave me courage to put one foot outside the box each time... I can always go back but how far can I push myself forward. That has always stuck with me.

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Rainbow :'D <3 I love you too!! My biggest inspiration :') <3 hahaha ah! :D Well I'd love to write a book one day but I feel like I would need years to write it so maybe in 2053? haha I still have yet to read yours :D <3 So if we both write books one day we must make sure to swap books and be at each others press release haha. Life has a crazy way of throwing things at us and though some of those curve balls aren't the greatest it teaches us something. I think that you were taught to be stronger, believe in yourself, believe in others, and to inspire <3 Thank you for being you Rainbow <3 You're always my Rainbow :') (a.k.a inspiration in the darkest/rainy days) <3 Hope you are having a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. Deal!!! *Adding to our list of amazing things we are going to accomplish ;)* Naww thank you Crystal and thank YOU for being you Crystal! You're always my gem brightening my day and shinning bright! ;) <3 Hope you are having a lovely day too! <3

      Delete
  6. Such a great post, Crystal! I was actually having a bit of a hard time falling asleep last night because I just found myself tossing and turning in fear of things. It's so true what you mentioned though - once you learn to conquer your fears, things really aren't that bad and they turn out okay! Thank you for the reminder :) Hope you're having a lovely start to your week!!

    -Lor // acozyspace.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lor :D <3 I've been having the same problem lately. Fear isn't actually bad, I think it just kind of grounds us and keeps us on our feet but when it starts controlling us more then normal thats when we have to put our feet down and know that things will be okay and that we have to take chances in order to keep growing and move forward. Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS