What is Glossier?!

Friday, August 19, 2016





So what is Glossier? Great question! (Yes, I did just technically ask and answer myself haha). But I promise it's worth reading about! I had never heard of Glossier before until I was contacted by and outreach associate from the company advising me about the brand. So, of course, I had to check it out!

Glossier is a makeup brand that puts your skin first and makeup second. How does that work you may be asking yourself? Well. Glossier aims to provide makeup that enhances your flaws without completely distracting away from your natural beauty. It's makeup that gives you that little extra bit of confidence. (yes I did just come up with that all on my own. I think I should just quit my job and become a slogan writer? :D no? haha okay.)

Little side note: Glossier's products are specifically designed so that you don't even have to buy brushes. They want to make applying makeup simple and easy, that all you really need are your fingers ;)

I went on the website (check it out here) and instantly loved the design of everything! I especially love what they stand for. I personally love to go more natural when it comes to makeup. ESPECIALLY in the summer when makeup doesn't even last on your face. If it's just going to sweat off, then why make the effort to apply it. Just me?

After browsing through the website and coming across so many great products I was able to narrow myself down to two products. Which are the Generation G Matte Lipstick and Stretch Concealer. Both products were priced at $18. Which in my opinion was such a great deal! Being that typically high end concealers start at about $20. The lipstick was a little pricey at $18 but again high end lipsticks start at about $20. Plus, I typically don't think twice when it comes to spending money on lip products. I'm a sucker for anything lips! It's a problem...

Oh! Something I noticed when checking out. They didn't charge me taxes!!! I'm not sure if that was a one time thing or what but I was so excited to see that I paid an exact amount without having to pay extra for taxes. :D I was a happy camper haha.

The Matte Lipstick really caught my attention because it wasn't like any other. It was more of a 'popsicle' lip stain (as the website claims).  Did you ever eat a red popsicle when you were younger and intentionally rubbed the popsicle along your lips for color? Technically, I still do haha and I have no shame! Popsicles always leave such a pretty stain on your lips. So when I saw that I could get that effect without looking like a weirdo and numbing my lips, you can bet I was excited! :D


 


 

Shade: Jam

 

As for the concealer, I've been on the look out for a new concealer to try out because the one that I did have (the CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous concealer) was not my favorite. So I decided to give this one a try. They have a couple of shades (5 to be exact) ranging from Light to Rich. I got the middle color in the shade dark. I have to admit I was a bit nervous that the color wouldn't match, but it was actually a perfect match. When it comes to concealer I like for the concealer to be a good match with a little bit of a lighter tint just so that my eyes look more awake. The first thing I noticed when I tried on the concealer was how good it was at hiding my dark circles! On top of that, it literally didn't feel like I had anything on. The concealer is so light weight, which I love because it won't feel as cakey or thick under my eyes. 


 


 

Shade: Dark

 

I just want to take a minute to appreciate the packaging! I'm a sucker for great packaging, to the point where I may or may not hoard them... 
The first thing I noticed was how much pink there was :D I LOVE pink! #glossierpink
Secondly, I loved the cute little slogan "Skin First. Makeup Second. Smile Always." 
Lastly, stickers!!! :D I immediately added them to the back of my phone and honestly had I just received the stickers I would have been a happy customer haha. 

These stickers are now happily resting on the back of my phone :) 


 


 


 

The products actually came inside of this cute little pink makeup bag, which I was hugely impressed by. Not only did I receive my products nicely packaged, but I received free stickers, a free makeup bag, and a cute poster (which is definitely going on my wall). 

 


 


This is my "I'm so pleased by Glossier." and "I'm a little pissed that I've never heard about it before and I am only just know hearing about it" happy face :D haha 

 


 

Best of all, the lipstick is literally so small and compact that you don't even have to carry a purse, you can simply just wear it behind your ear and look cool while doing it :D haha

 


 

All in all, I really enjoyed the products that I ordered and will definitely be buying more come next paycheck. I'm looking into the Boy Brow brow gel and the Milky Jelly Cleanser! As soon as I heard about this new website I had to share it with you guys! Let me know if you've heard about this brand before or if you're just hearing about it too. What are you currently loving? 

xoxo,
Crystal  

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great company, my skin has been awful lately and I just feel like make up just cakes/covers the problem, I want something that can help my skin but look awesome while wearing it, thanks for sharing this!

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Domestic Abuse | It Happens To Bloggers To

    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way when my skin has been acting up. It's not a good feeling. I really liked how natural the concealer felt on my skin, perhaps it will feel the same on you :D I bet you will rock the makeup ;D haha. Hope you have a lovely day! x

      Delete
  2. I've heard so much about Glossier and I really need to give their products a go! Also, the packaging is adorable x

    Regina | www.paperhobbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of Glossier but they sound amazing ! I really feel like my skin pays for my make up use and that really sucks ! I love the idea of a make up brand that puts your skin first and keeps you smiling always, That lipstick looks gorgeous on you and $18 isn't too bad ! Don't worry you're not the only one who colours your lips with popsicles !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://www.dontburstmybubble.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their make-up looks so nice and light! It's funny, 'cause I recently decided I was going to greatly limit how much I use a make-up brush (I've recently had a bad break-out on my cheeks :( so I'm cutting it out for now). I think any make-up that puts your skin's care first, has to be a good thing!

    -Lor
    acozyspace.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELL YES QUEEN CRYSTAL FOR SLOGAN WRITING! ;D Their Manta is really cool "Skin first, makeup second and smile always" and hey if you can apply makeup without brushes saving on cost! Hahahahahaha I love your Crystal "you don't even have to carry a purse, you can just simply wear it behind your ear" GOLD! <3 xoxo

    P.S: Glad you are back! <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS